Monday, January 16, 2012

Week 1: Muddy-Fair Use/Copyright

So...

Week 1 is in the books, and so am I. Being that this is my only class this semester, I am able to spend my time and energy solely on this material, enabling me to even go in depth with the additional readings and resources. This week I got right in to my blog, I had a nice photo that I took while on vacation and embedded a link to a website that promotes the place that I had traveled to. Needless to say, after posting my blog and submitting the link to the class. I was instructed that my post was fine as a practice post, but not as coursework. So, back to the drawing board I went, I actually should have read all the instructions before jumping right into it. The biggest misunderstanding I had was the attributions of graphics, videos, and photos. So I did nothing to attribute my photo, which would have taken away from my grade if it was not just a practice post.

Still, I am determined to get it right and learn what I need to know about copyrights and fair use. It is still fuzzt on what I can use and when and where I can use things. Even after going to the Creative Commons website I am still unsure of when I have permission to freely use something or not. But I will continue to research this until I know for sure!

Even when i go to Flickr and do an advanced search, I am still not sure whether an image may be used or not. There is just so much information out there that at times it feels too overwhelming and I get confused, mostly because I tend to overthink things.

Here is a little short I found on YouTube:

*Permission granted for reuse by Standard YouTube License.


Well off to week 2:

No comments:

Post a Comment