Saturday, January 28, 2012

Avatar Creating

Well, finally getting around to posting about my Avatar experience!!
I had a good time creating my Avatar, I just had to find the right website to use. Some of the websites had bad reviews and were suspicious of having spyware, but decided to go with IMVU. IMVU is a virtual chatroom where you create your Avatar and can go through different rooms and places.
*Permission granted for reuse by Standard YouTube License

It was a fun experience to build my Avatar once I got started. I used IMVU because of what all it offered. Some of the other Avatar sites either didn't work or offered boring Avatars. This one used more lifelike creations and more options, even though there were some hoops to go through, such as linking my account with Facebook and going through the tutorial. I loved the ability to personalize my Avatar by purchasing (through credits) different clothing options and other accessories.

Here are a few shots of my Avatar:


"Images created by Christopher Ondrako, 2012. Permission granted to reuse with attribution."

I found myself trying to interact with others in the different chatrooms, but found the interface very slow and difficult to maneuver. But nonetheless, I love my Avatar, and look forward to switching it up at times so stay close and watch out for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment