Monday, March 26, 2012

Week 10 Clear-Skills Track

This week we started to work in Microsoft Access. This is a database software that is great for gathering and understanding a lot of information, whether it be phone numbers, inventory, guests lists, oe even patient data. It provides a clean way to sort the information, create queries, and reports. Access is very new to me, it does share some similar qualities with Excel, but is still very different. While watching the lectures and going through the scavenger hunt, I was a little worried that this is was going to be very difficult, but like most new software it just takes some getting used to and some familiarity.

"Images created by Christopher Ondrako, 2012. Permission granted to reuse with attribution."
Microsoft Access has so many options that it is unbelievable, and in some ways is easier to use than Excel. Before this class I had seen Microsoft Access and opened it to play around, but didn't know exactly what I was supposed to do with it. Knowing what I know now, I know there is a time and place for Excel and a time and place for Access.

In closing, I give this week, Week 10, a Clear view as I have learned so much from the lectures and am ready to begin my project.



*Permission granted for reuse by Standard YouTube License


No comments:

Post a Comment