Saturday, March 17, 2012

Excel Project

In my ISM3004 class at the University of Florida, I was required to complete an Excel project which included formatting a worksheet by creating formulae and Pivot Tables. The project was pretty easy for the most part. I had to use "Freeze Panes" to lock rows to be displayed at all times while scrolling up and down the page. I also had to create formulas for Maximum Heart Rates, Target Heart Rates, Highest Heart Rate Achieved, and to find whether or not the target was achieved. Most of this was pretty basic and nothing new to me except when I had to use the "IF" function, it was a new formula which I had never used and wanted to learn how to use. This function is real useful when checking whether a condition is met or not and is real useful.


The second step of the project was totally new to me. It involved creating Pivot Tables based on the Raw Data that we had. This manipulation is still somewhat Muddy to me, but with practice I am sure I will become more familiar with it and use it more often. The process of creating the Pivot Tables took a lot of trial and error and reviewing of lecture videos to get right. But having the ability to have data summarized and sorted in such a manner is very useful and convenient especially when dealing with a large amount of data. This project was extremely useful and informative, I can't wait to use this information in the Business World!


"Images created by Christopher Ondrako, 2012. Permission granted to reuse with attribution."


*Permission granted for reuse by Standard YouTube License.

No comments:

Post a Comment